Get a comprehensive description about IRCA before you register
What exactly is the meaning of IRCA?
The word IRCA is an acronym for International Register of Certificated Auditors. IRCA is the UK certification body for prospective auditors in Health and safety management (OHSAS); quality management system (QMS); and environmental management system (EMS). IRCA lead auditing certification courses are aimed at testing if you have or can have the required knowledge and skills either through work experience, training and audit experience, to Plan and organise an audit of a management system (MS).
To also test if you can identify, understand and audit relevant business. It aims to also test your adherence to principles of proper ethical conduct, fair presentation and due professional care, as articulated in the IRCA Code of Conduct .
Lead Auditor Training: Novelle Center is a lead auditing training center in Nigeria approved center under EDULLENCE to offer the OHSAS 18001 & QMS 9001 ISO certification courses. OHSAS 18001 is a framework for an occupational health and safety management system. It can help you put in place the policies, procedures and controls needed for your organization to achieve the best possible working conditions, aligned to internationally recognized best practice.
Lead Auditor Training and Certification: Purpose
To be efficient and competitive, business and industry needs competent auditors. The purpose of IRCA management systems is to provide confidence through accredited certification, and to show business and industry that auditors certificated to these schemes are competent. An IRCA auditing course enables you to manage quality, health and safety management system whatever the size of the business with a standard that’s recognized the world over. With ISO certification companies will save:
- Save money
- Increase profit
- Win more business
Course Overview & Objective for OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditing Course
This intensive, challenging and highly interactive and practical course is designed to develop delegates’ skills to conduct Health and Safety Management System audits in order to:
- Assess compliance of an organisation against third party standards to meet internal or external requirements.
- Support OH&S policy and effectively improve the OH&S programme.
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an OHS Management Systems Auditor under the IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
Our course will equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of auditing health and safety management systems to third party standards including OHSAS 18001, providing OH&S practitioners and systems auditors with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit an OH&S management system. Our course focuses on developing auditor skills, techniques and competence.
What are the key skills and learning objectives for OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditing Course?
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, workshops, photo site tour, simulated audits, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Apply the requirements and principles of OH&S standards to the OH&S programme and how this relates to other management systems which may be in place.
- Assess compliance of an organisation to meet your company’s own internal or external (eg.Certification Body) requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement an internal audit process appropriate to your organisation and which supports your OH&S policy.
- Conduct audits to professional criteria with confidence, gathering objective evidence through observation, interviewing and document trails to provide factual audit reports that will facilitate continuous improvements to the OH&S programme.
- Develop their own skills, techniques and competence as an auditor.
- Achieve the formal training requirements to allow progression to becoming an IRCA Registered OH&S Management Systems Lead Auditor.
Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, culminating with an exam. Evening work groups prepare responses to a case study that is featured during the week. The practical emphasis of the course and the high tutor to delegate contact hours provide a unique opportunity for a substantial degree of individual guidance and training.
This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
Who should attend the OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditing course?
- Those responsible for obtaining third party certification to OHSAS 18001 for their organisation.
- Auditors who want to assess OH&S management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject.
- Those new to auditing wishing to gain a sound knowledge and become competent in OH&S management system auditing.
- Senior managers who will have to understand the outcome of OH&S audits.
- Those who wish to register as an IRCA OHS management system auditor (additional requirements also apply).
What certificate will I receive at the end of the OHSAS 18001 training and exam?
Delegates successfully completing the course, including the examination, will be awarded an IRCA registered certificate. After completing the IRCA auditing log you can apply to become either a lead auditor, internal auditor or provisional auditor.
Lead auditors head the auditing systems of any company; Internal auditors work inside the company; and provisional auditors are those who wish to gain the knowledge and certificate but do not practice the skills yet. They all have equal grades, none is bigger than the other.
How much does this course cover?
This course costs £350 (NGN 180,000). This fee covers your training, course materials, lunch, examination, certification and IRCA International Auditors membership.
Instalment payment plan: You can start the training by paying N100,000 of the fee. And pay the balance of N80,000 before you seat for the exams. You are given your course material after first payment.
How can I register for this course?
To register for this course, interested candidates are required to:
- Download the registration form by Click Here
- Simply complete the registration form and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When we receive your registration form, we will send you an acknowledgment SMS or email. The email or SMS contains the bank account details for payment, it also contains details of the training address, the registration closing date.
- To view the scheduled training dates for this course, simply Click Here
What is the duration of this course?
The IRCA OHSAS 18001 ISO Certification training course lasts for 5 days. On completion of the training you are required to seat for the exams immediately. Exams lasts for 2 hours (theory exam). All training runs from Monday to Friday.
Do you feel like speaking with our dedicated enquiry officer?
If yes, please do call us on 08173875811 between 9am – 5pm daily and we will be glad to attend to your enquiries.